Basic Function: The administrative assistant will perform general office duties for the Chamber including providing assistance to the President, Board of Directors, committee chairperson and chamber members. The administrative assistant will fill in for the President when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As approved by the President the administrative assistant shall maintain a work/office area that will provide for an efficient operation and present an attractive “front door” for the use of Chamber members, the community and visitors.
- Assist President with events related to the chamber such as business after hours, Annual Golf Outing, Annual Agriculture Event, and Annual meeting.
- Manage social media content related to the chamber on the platforms of Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Provide preliminary contact with the public / membership. Serve as receptionist, answers the telephone, and take accurate messages (including those on the answering machine). Shows reasonable judgment in the handling of messages when other staff is unavailable.
- Manage and compose monthly newsletter for chamber members, compose press releases and other similar documents for new and existing chamber members
- Attend, record and transcribe the monthly board of directors meeting.
- Preparing and composing documents as requested by the President for meetings and events.
- Keep all chamber files in order and up-to-date.
- Operate/program office equipment.
- Distribute and collect daily mail.
- Respond to visitor / community requests in an appropriate manner, promoting the chamber image in a positive manner.
- Process and update information in computer files.
- Complete errands to the post office, office supply store, printing shop, bank, member business locations, etc., when requested.
- Work with committees as directed by President.
- Social Media: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Microsoft Office Package: Word, Excel, & Powerpoint
- A plus to know:
- High School diploma with specific skills acquired.
- Minimum two years secretarial/administrative experience.
- Computer and bookkeeping knowledge.
- Must work with minimal supervision, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have a high degree of professionalism and organization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal interpersonal relation skills and problem solving skills to enhance the image of the Highland County Chamber of Commerce.
- Position may require a rather limited amount of out-of-town travel. The Chamber covers all business travel expenses on these instances.
- Provide own transportation (the Chamber does reimburse employees for mileage incurred during business hours and events), a valid Ohio Driver License, sufficient current automobile insurance, and their own mobile phone.
- This demanding full-time position may require a schedule that is flexible enough to allow for meetings and events outside of normal business hours. Occasionally it will require extra hours to ensure successful events and projects. Understand the importance of flexibility pertaining to duties and willingness to take on new tasks with an ‘out of the box’ approach.
- High level of physical mobility/activity -- lifting of items of 15 lb. or more. I.E.: cases of soda, coolers, decorations, event materials. Physical mobility required in set up and take down of events.
- Reliable transportation required, a current Ohio driver’s license, and meet the minimum requited limit of liability insurance as established by the State of Ohio. Outside travel (attending luncheons, meetings, community activities -- local, and county will be necessary.
- Non-smoking office.
Phone calls or walk-ins will not be accepted
Applications will be accepted up until September 29, 2018